Welcome to the Data Science Education Technology conference website! The Data Science Education Technology conference was held February 15-17, 2017, at the beautiful Brower Center in Berkeley, California.
The Concord Consortium’s Common Online Data Analysis Platform (CODAP) project was featured.
See members of the Common Online Data Analysis Platform (CODAP) project discuss highlights from the Data Science Education Technology conference. The conference convened 100 researchers, curriculum developers, and software developers to build a community and identify innovative tools and approaches for integrating data science into the K-12 classroom. Watch Now
What can we do now to help students be ready for data science in the future? I love this stage in data science education, where we’re still finding our way—and before somebody writes the standards. There are exciting possibilities! Be a part of this growing conversation!
This will be a groundbreaking event in the emerging field of data science education, supported by the National Science Foundation-funded project developing CODAP.
- Connect. Join a growing community of data science educators and expand your network. There will be plenty of downtime for informal and impromptu connecting with colleagues. We’ll provide innovative networking tools.
- Innovate. Work with programmers and educators and learn new strategies to make use of open-source software, new methods of integrating data science with content learning, and new ways to provide learners with access to data.
- Discover Data Solutions. Get access to CODAP and other free, open-source technologies to help as you develop online materials in which students use data.
- Participate. Learn, discuss, design, and create. Session leaders are experts in making use of CODAP and other data technologies for developing online materials for courses, citizen science, and public dissemination of data.
Who will be attending?
Below are just some of the organizations that will be joining us for the Data Science Education Technology Conference.
Don’t see your logo? Email your logo to email@example.com and we’ll add it here!
- Data Nuggets
- EDC Oceans of Data Institute
- EEPS Media
- Michigan State University
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of California, Berkeley – Graduate School of Education
- USAonline, University of South Alabama
- TerraPopulus, Minnesota Population Center, University of Minnesota
- The Concord Consortium
Have other questions?
Need recommendations on airports? Wondering about the weather? (Hint: it’s beautiful!) Visit our FAQ page, or feel free to email us.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. DRL-1435470. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.