Error while trying to capture graph screenshot

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Error while trying to capture graph screenshot

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

While I’m trying to capture a graph as an image I get an error:

Click here to access the file.

Kind regards,

Cristián

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hello Cristián,

I’m not able to reproduce this error with either the Spanish or English versions. There is now a more recent build (0440) than the one on which you experienced the problem (0438), so perhaps something got fixed?

Please try again in 0440. If you still can reproduce the error,

1. What browser are you running?
    2. What operating system?

Thanks for reporting the problem!

Bill

Hi Bill,

The error does not reproduce in Firefox nor Safari, but it does on Chrome (latest version) under OSX 10.11.6

A brief Google search using the error message as the key word yielded this result:

I don’t know what does this mean.

I also tried cleaning the caché pero the error is still there.

Kind regards,

Cristián

Hi Bill,

I got this error with every CODAP file, no matter the language nor the file while trying to do a screencapture of a graph (but also when trying to access other tools).

The error console says:

sent to log server: {“activity”:”Unknown”,”application”:”CODAP”,”session”:”180422105653-050680″,”time”:1524405529019,”event”:”error”,”event_value”:”{\”message\”: \”Exception: SecurityError: Failed to read the ‘rules’ property from ‘CSSStyleSheet’: Cannot access rules\”}”,”parameters”:{“message”:”Exception: SecurityError: Failed to read the ‘rules’ property from ‘CSSStyleSheet’: Cannot access rules”}}

Apparently, the error also occurs in Firefox but while this browser tries it as a warning, Chrome stops the execution. At least this is what I’ve read in other forums about this same error in different webtools.

Following this link you will see a very technical (but clear) possible explanation for this error in Chrome in Stackoverflow forums.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Cristián

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Cristián,

Thanks for your sleuthing this. I’m still not able to reproduce it, but I’m on OS X 13.4, so that might make a difference. I’m going to ask our QA to try to reproduce. And I’ll ask Jonathan, our lead engineer, to investigate further.

Thanks for your help and patience,

Bill

Thanks Bill. I’ve updated my Mac to 10.12 (Sierra) but the bug is still there. I’m not sure if my Mac is able to get updated up to OSX 13.4 since it’s an early 2011. Nevertheless, it’s a good argument to convince my wife that I need a new Mac haha.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Cristián

Jonathan Sandoe
    Keymaster

Hi Cristián,

The problem looks like it is a consequence of Chrome tightening its security policy. The particular circumstance referred to in the link you referenced is not applicable to CODAP, but something similar must be in play.

The problem seems to have arisen with Chrome version 64. You said you were on the latest version of Chrome. Just to confirm, what is the version number reported by the “About Google Chrome” menu item?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan Sandoe
    Keymaster

Hi Cristián,

I have not been able to reproduce the bug in any of the browsers I have available to me. However, I have a potential fix. Would you be so kind as to go to this version of CODAP and try to capture an image? If you can, please let us know if you still see the error. My hypothesis is that you will not, but the image in the draw tool may not look like the original.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Now I’ve updated my Mac to 10.13.4 (High Sierra) and the error still persists while trying to capture a screenshot of a graph, BUT…… it did work with the version from the link you sent me!!

Let me know what should I do to fix the error (the version running on the link you sent me it’s 440 as well).

Kind regards,

Cristián

My Chrome version is: 66.0.3359.117 (Build oficial) (64 bits)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.