Peter Frampton syndrome

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Peter Frampton syndrome

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

“Suddenly, the day turned into night…” (Baby I love your way)

I was working on my file and suddenly, all the points lost their color turning into dark gray. That happens with every graph/map when I insert the attribute ‘bioma’. This happens only with this attribute. Any guess???

I’m here sharing my file so you can try it yourself. Please click here to access my shared CODAP file.

Thanks a lot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, Cristián,

Thanks for posting this. I tried to reproduce this using the CODAP file you shared, but wasn’t able to. Can you please give us a little more detail? What steps are you following that makes the points on the graph turn dark gray?

Thanks!

Dan Damelin
    Keymaster

I see what you are saying. If you drop Bioma into the middle of a graph you get all grey colors rather than a rainbow of colors, one for each Bioma.

There’s something very strange about that column. I made another column that basically just copies the data from Bioma column and it works as expected. https://codap.concord.org/releases/latest/static/dg/es/cert/#shared=37537

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

I opened the document in a JSON editor and I can see that the assigned colors to all the Bioma categories is a gray. See screenshot enclosed. But you can use the brush palette in the graph to reassign them to nice colors (see second screenshot).

An important question is how this document corruption occurred.

Thanks everyone!!
    I cannot precisely say how this happened but was while moving & renaming columns.

Kind regards,

Cristián

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.