The Summary Tables

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum The Summary Tables

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m trying to create a summary table of all of my data however the tutorial only includes information on how to make new columns. It never explains how.

I’m supposed to get the little plus minus parts and get it to highlight several parts of the data. When you click on the first tutorial it looks like what I want to do however the videos fail to explain how to create it. Can you explain please?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Suppose you are working with the Mammals example document. Its case table looks like this:

You want to the maximum Height as a summary statistic.
    Click on the plus in the table (circled in red above).
    Define a new attribute as shown here:

Drag the new attribute all the way to the left into the empty space to the left of the Mammal column.

The result is the beginnings of a summary table.

Repeat for each summary statistic you want to include.

And if you want to break the summaries down by a grouping, Diet for example, drag that attribute over into the same part of the table.

Kathy Shafer
    Participant

Hi.  I tried this today with a Hot Dog data set.  I created the variable mean(Sodium) and dragged it to the left creating a summary table. Then, I dragged type of hot dog to the summary (parent) part of the table.  This caused an error message and when I reloaded the document, it was blank.  I repeated the process and reproduced the error again.  After that, things worked just fine.

I am working in Firefox.  I attached screen shots and the data set from the second instance. I thought it might be happening because I dragged type after the mean but that does not seem to be the case.

Kathy Shafer
    Participant

Sorry guys, here is the link to the blank document.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Kathy Shafer.
    Evangeline Ireland
    Participant

Hi Kathy,

I am unable to reproduce the  error message using your dataset in Firefox and Chrome. I will continue to try to reproduce it, but it would be helpful if you can include the exact steps that you take when you create the document that is failing (including naming and renaming attribute names, collection names, etc.)

Thanks,

Evangeline

Anonymous
    Inactive

I want to integrate the codap into my website, in a time table format my website is all about Education where my users can know about codap i okay with inserting in sidebar of my website or Category page

please reply with prompt answer

thanks

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Please see this thread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.