Cannot Open CODAP file from Google drive

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Cannot Open CODAP file from Google drive

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Barlow
    Participant

Good afternoon,

We used CODAP last year in our high school without any issues.  This year, however, we are having difficulty.  At first students could not save to their Google drive.  Our tech department was able to fix that issue.  However, now students cannot open up their saved file that is in Google drive.  Neither can I.  We get this message:

I have looked through the forum and the FAQ but do not see how to resolve this.  I have tried to open the file both directly from Google drive and also using the ‘Open’ option in the CODAP menu.

Could you please give us some help?

I really enjoyed using CODAP last year and am looking forward to using it again this year.

Thank you,

Jennifer Barlow

Jonathan Sandoe
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer,

We would very much like to help figure out this unusual situation. We have seen the situation, occasionally, where users can’t save and restore documents on Google Drive. This usually is caused by configuration issues with a school network or laptops. We haven’t seen before the circumstance where users can save but can’t open the documents.

First, we need to know a bit more about the situation:

1. Are the laptops you and your students are working with PCs, Macs or Chromebooks? Are they reasonably up to date?
    2. Does the problem happen at school, at home, or both?
    3. If you are able to get details about what the problem was that was fixed by your tech department and what the specific fix was that would be enormously helpful.
    4. Concerning the files that you can’t open, can you select one in Google Drive and click on the “info” icon in the upper right of the Google Drive display. (This info icon looks like an ‘i’ in a circle.) We are interested in knowing from the panel that will open on the right:
      1. size
      2. owner (whether it is you or not)
      3. the dates modified, created, and last opened
      4. the permissions. This is a sentence at the bottom of the panel.

I am hopeful, knowing the above, that we can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks,

Jonathan Sandoe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.