Feature request – open shared view

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Feature request – open shared view

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hasenbaj@gmail.com
    Participant

When opening a saved CODAP file from Google Drive, it would be nice to have the option of opening the file as if it was a “shared view” URL — essentially open an independent copy of the file like you’d get if you had opened it from the shared view URL.

I understand this can be accomplished by opening the file and then using the menu to “create a copy” or by creating a shared view and previewing it. Consider it a quality of life upgrade.

And in case you don’t hear it enough–thanks for creating this wonderful tool and for taking community input into consideration!

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

I agree that it might improve quality of life, at least for some. It could be a dialog box that says something like “Open with auto save enabled?” The downside would be that causes the user to have to make a (possibly ill-understood) decision before they get to their document.

But it’s a good suggestion and I’ll add it to our list of feature requests. Thank you!

I’m very glad you see CODAP as a “wonderful tool.”

Bill

hasenbaj@gmail.com
    Participant

Yes, opening with autosave disabled (didn’t know that was a thing!) would solve the problem and have the added benefit of allowing me to save an upgraded version of the file later if I decide to do so. The context that led to this request is that I’m opening last year’s files to see if I want to use them again and remind myself how they work. But as soon as I tinker with them, I lose the student-ready configuration.

A related idea: allow the user to toggle autosave for the current file at any time. Best to default to “on” though…

– Jon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.