File Not Opening

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum File Not Opening

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am working with a colleague to create data sets for the 2020-2021 school year. We are sharing files, but now that I’m trying to open files that my colleague created I am getting an error message (pictured below) “Unable to Download File Content”. Please advise.

Sincerely,

Jessica Schenkel

Jacob Sagrans
    Participant

I’ve had the exact same problem today with multiple CODAP files I’ve tried to open. Not sure what’s going on.

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Jessica and Jacob,

Just checked and am not having troubles opening files with CODAP. Can you give more details about where the file is located and the method by which you are attempting to open it?

Jessica you mention you are “sharing files” with your colleague. Be aware that if two people open the same Google Drive file at the same time and make changes, this can lead to confusing behavior and corrupt files at worst.

Bill

I just tried to open a few files and they’re all opening correctly now. This has happened to me before back in early June as well. I suppose it might just be a system error or bug in my computer. The last time it resolved itself as well after I waited a day.

Thank you for the advice about sharing files Bill. We decided to share our files using shared links with our students for that reason.

We love this program!

Jacob Sagrans
    Participant

I just fixed it for myself. It seems although I was logged into my Google Drive and clicking on the CODAP file to open it, CODAP did not think I was logged into Google Drive. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.