freezing or hiding columns

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum freezing or hiding columns

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Working with a large database, I have been finding things get a little wonky on my screen when scrolling back and forth, or up and down while cleaning the data.  I was wondering if there is a way to freeze the column with the case IDs when scrolling across to look at values for different variables.

I was also wondering whether one could hide some columns so that you can focus attention on a subset of variables from the database, while not being distracted by others, yet still get those other variables back later if needed. I was thinking this might be helpful when a group of students use the same database, but each team of students focus on questions involving a subset of the variables found in the larger database that the whole class has access to. They may want to hide columns when looking at their own work, but after seeing what other students have done with different variables, they may want to unhide and look at some of those other variables, that they initially hid.

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Traci,

Regarding freezing columns, I’m sorry to report there is no way to do this. A recently introduced feature to convert a case table into a case card might be helpful to you since it makes it much easier to work to work with a large number of attributes. But, then again, since you are also scrolling vertically, perhaps not.

Regarding hiding columns, there’s no interface for it. Sorry. There is a way to do it by editing the JSON text of the document, but I don’t think that is appropriate for either your situation or the situation you describe for students. We’ve received a number of requests for hiding columns through the interface and will likely provide it sometime soon.

Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.