Ideas for new applications: College-level population ecology activities

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Ideas for new applications: College-level population ecology activities

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ann Russell
    Participant

What you have created is awesome! I understand that it is geared for middle and high school students, but in my experience in teaching Ecology at the college level, there are plenty of students with math phobia who could use your creations to get past their fear and move on to understand the concepts. For starters, I have certain exercises in population ecology that we do as a class, and it does not go over very well doing it the old-fashioned way (walking them through the math). I would love to work with you to develop a more hands-on approach so that they could visualize what the math represents. I am happy to share the materials I have if that is useful.

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hello Ann,

I’m so glad you think CODAP is awesome! I agree that it’s useful at the college level, at least lower division. We tend to say it is designed for grades 6-14. And thank you for posting your comment here on the developer forum.

Thank you for sharing the materials you have developed on population growth.

I couldn’t resist taking the population projections and making a CODAP document out of them. A link to a shared copy of it is here.

I’m afraid our project doesn’t have curriculum development resources, but I encourage you to make use of CODAP with your classes. And any questions you have or desires for features, please post here.

Bill Finzer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.