Importing Google Forms data into CODAP

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Importing Google Forms data into CODAP

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I want to have students in a class enter data in Google Forms, then analyze it in CODAP.  What is the best way to get data from Google Forms into CODAP?  Google Forms can put the responses into a Google spreadsheet, so I first tried putting that URL into CODAP – that didn’t work.  I next tried downloading the Google spreadsheet as an Excel document and importing from there – that didn’t work either (no data were imported).  Then I tried downloading the Google spreadsheet as a CSV and importing it – that did work.  Is that the preferred method?

If I had wanted to ADD those data from Google Forms to a pre-existing CODAP data table, how would I have done that?

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Andee,

You found the preferred method—download as CSV and drag (or import) the file into CODAP.

We’ve got some background work going on to make this easier and to also append data to an existing dataset. Stay tuned. (But for now, there’s no way to append data.)

Bill

Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

Any ideas about when that “append” work might happen?  We’re writing activities to be done in February…

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Sorry, it’s “extra-project” work so I wouldn’t count on it for February.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.