Lunar Lander

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Lunar Lander

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fi Ly
    Participant

Hi

I can’t get a box to enter a formula in Lunar Lander (data games)  I tried in Fire Fox and internet explorer so far but although you can name tthe new attribute I don’t get any space for a formula as in the video.

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Fi,

I bet the video you watched was this one, which refers to an old version of CODAP. Things have changed.

You can watch a video of the new interface for creating formulas here.

Basically, after creating the attribute, click on its column header to bring up a menu and choose Edit Formula.

Hope this helps,

Bill

Jonathan Sandoe
    Keymaster

Hi FiLy

It looks like you may be accessing Lunar Lander at http://ccssgames.com, which is no longer under active development. You can open the current version of CODAP (formerly DataGames) here: https://codap.concord.org/. This link will open the Lunar Lander game in the modern version of CODAP. You will find that the look and feel of the web site has changed quite a bit, but the functionality described in the video from the Data Games site should still work.

Jonathan Sandoe

Fi Ly
    Participant

Thank very much for the replies.  It seems to work well now apart from an issue with the last landing attempt score not updating until you do another attempt – or edit the formula.  It’s much slower on my computer too.  I’m using Firefox.

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Generally CODAP runs slower on Firefox than on Chrome. But check Firefox to make sure you have the latest version.

The fact that the computed value doesn’t update is a bug, that I don’t think is in our current bug list. Putting it there now!

Thanks, Bill

Fi Ly
    Participant

Thanks.  I’m finding it really excellent now i’m used to the speed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.