Questions about memory, browsers, tablets, histograms, data factory

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Questions about memory, browsers, tablets, histograms, data factory

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bill Finzer
    Keymaster
    CODAP user Daichi was unable to create a help forum account to post questions, so I’m posting as a proxy. Also I’ll attempt to answer at least some of them.
    Dear codap team
    Hallo, I’m Daichi, a university student in Japan and study  data handling with Codap. I have two kind of questions about codap, fundamental system and function.

• How bytes do we use when we open codap?
      • I just looked in the Chrome browser debugger. It looks like about 30 MB.
    • Are there any system browser  we cannot use codap in Internet Explorer、Chrome、Firefox or safari ?
      • CODAP runs on recent versions of all “modern” browsers. It checks compatibility on starting up and lets you know if your browser is not supported.
    • What is function we cannot use at tablet device?
      • There are numerous CODAP features that don’t work well and some that don’t work at all on touch devices. We’re working to improve user experience on these systems.
    • Can I make histgram at codap?
      • No, not yet.
    • Can I reproduce “Building a data factory”? (http://www.tinkerplots.com/movies/building-a-data-factory)
      • Not yet. The Sampler plugin is some of the functionality of TinkerPlots’ sampler, but not nearly enough for the data factory.
    I want to   make  data handling curriculum better to data centry with codap. So, please tell me about codap a lot.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.