Sampler & Experiments

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Sampler & Experiments

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    trharri2@ncsu.edu
    Participant

Previously, when using the sampler, I believe a new “experiment” would be created each time the start button was pressed (i.e. a new line in the experiments section of the table would be created). Now, it seems that all of the data from each press of the start button gets thrown into a single experiment.

For example, in the Duck Pond example document, the instructions in Pages 2 and 3 would create multiple experiments and create a sampling distribution in the bottom-left graph. Now, the sampling distribution no longer gets created since all the data gets put into a single experiment.

Is this the intended action? Is there a way to tell CODAP to put the new data from the sampler into a new experiment rather than combining it with previous data?

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hello,

You’re right. Recent changes to the Sampler made it so the Duck Pond no longer produces the results desired. (The changes were deliberate.)

Here’s a workaround for now: After each time you press Start, edit the value of experiment to something other than “1;” for example “a.” Then when you press Start the new experiment will, once again, get the value of 1, which you could then edit to something else, perhaps “b.”

I’m going to check with the designers of the Duck Pond example document to see if they have a better idea.

Thanks very much for pointing this out!

Bill

Have you come up with a better way of defining the start of a new experiment? I am doing a simulation where I want to compare experiments.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.