Shared view without saving?

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Shared view without saving?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jacob Sagrans
    Participant

I never noticed this before, but it seems possible to create a shared view link to CODAP without actually saving the CODAP file. If someone were to do this and share the link with me, and I held onto the link, would the link stay valid for a long time? Is the CODAP file actually saved somewhere if someone does this? I am wondering about this because I have been thinking some about simpler ways to get youth/program leaders to share CODAP work with us (in the past we have had some issues with getting them to save and share via a shared google drive account–we have also had them share screenshots, although then it is only static and not the full interactive CODAP experience). Thanks!

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Jacob,

Currently the shared view link stays active indefinitely. Eventually we will have to bring about a mechanism by which they become invalid.

When you create a shared view, a copy of the document in its current state is stored on a server maintained by Concord. As you know, this copy does not “track” the original document, but gets updated when you have the document in front of you and Update Shared View.

Some groups have used the shared view mechanism as a backup to saving files. It’s a bit cumbersome, but it certainly does work.

Bill

Jacob Sagrans
    Participant

Thanks Bill. This is helpful to know. I will think some more about what we may want to do regarding screenshots/saved files/shared links with youth and program leaders.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.