Weird change to a CODAP sample dataset

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Weird change to a CODAP sample dataset

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I’m planning on using the CODAP sample roller coaster dataset in a workshop, so I was demonstrating it to some people yesterday – it was as I remembered it, with state at a different level and the categorical variable for age range: oldest, recent, newest.  Today when I looked at the dataset, the “age range” variable has been changed and is at a higher level.  Now, the values are “1:oldest,” “2:recent” and “3:newest.”  I want to make sure that I didn’t make that change inadvertently (I certainly didn’t change those values — and I don’t think I saved the document, except locally).  And I’m curious how anyone could change it, since I imagine the sample datasets aren’t over-writable.  Any idea what happened?

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Andee,

I just opened the Roller Coasters that is available through the Open dialog box with its list of example documents. It appears unchanged. There is a different Roller Coasters document that can be found here. It has the age range variable at the top level as you describe. Probably we should make these two the same. Sorry about the confusion.

Bill

Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

Thanks – I thought I had opened it through the page of example documents both times – but I guess I remembered incorrectly.  Thanks for solving the mystery!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.