Is "saving" broken?

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Is "saving" broken?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I’m having trouble saving CODAP files.  This is new behavior, as I’ve not had trouble before.  If I try to save as a LOCAL file, nothing happens – when I click DOWNLOAD, the screen doesn’t change and I have to “CANCEL” to get back to the CODAP file.  So I tried to save to Google Drive – it seemed to work (i.e. I got back to my file), but the file still says “UNSAVED.”

By the way, I’m using Chrome.  Should I use a different browser?  This is important info as we’ll be working with kids in a computer lab later this summer and if CODAP behaves differently with different browsers, we should know that.

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Andee,

We’re not experiencing this problem here. Questions:

1. Is it one particular document that won’t save properly or do you find that no document can be saved?
    2. When you attempt to save to Google Drive, do you see the ‘.codap’ file in your drive? If so, could you enclose it or give us a link to it?
    3. Can you open Chrome’s inspector (Cmd-option-i) and see if anything is being written to the console that might be helpful to diagnosing the problem?

CODAP is working fine on all “modern” browsers as far as we know.

Bill

Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I finally started over – restarted CODAP and reopened the file and now it’s saving fine.  It’s possible that something just got in a weird state, since I’ve never had this problem before – and it was just one file.  I will see if anything was written to the Chrome inspector and let you know, just in case this isn’t an isolated situation, caused by a random cosmic ray.

Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I think I waited too long, and I can’t tell WHEN the errors on the console were logged…but now that I know about the console, I will use it if such a thing happens again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.