Excited to join this Community!

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Excited to join this Community!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi There,

I am new here and very excited, to join this community.. I’ve recently discovered CODAP and I am thrilled about its potential. As a newcomer, I am eager to learn more about data analysis and how to use CODAP effectively. I look forward to exploring the resources available here and connecting with fellow members who share similar interests.

I am particularly interested in any beginner tips you might have. Also, if there are any threads or topics you recommend for a newbie like me, please let me know.

Thanks for having me here. I’m looking forward to contributing and learning from everyone.

With Regards,

Marcos

• This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Dan Damelin.
    Bridget
    Participant

Awesome, welcome! Your reflections are similar to how I felt when I first started using CODAP. What is your main purpose for using CODAP?

I recommend doing the Getting Started Part 1 and 2 tutorials, found on the For Educations tab on the main homepage. You can also directly open a link from the CODAP workspace (Open > Getting Started with CODAP).

Other than that, find some data that you are interested in exploring and see what graphs you can make. They have some neat activities on the For Educators page (sample data sets, data games, and dynamic data science) There are lots of cool features to learn, and also plugins to try and use. I recommend checking out the Microdata Portal and the NOAA Weather.

I also signed up for the Concord news letter and enjoy getting notifications when they have a blog post. Check out the blog here: https://concord.org/blog/ 

Enjoy!

Bridget

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hello Marcos,

Welcome to the CODAP Help Forum. In addition to Bridget’s recommendations, I suggest searching for CODAP on YouTube. There you’ll find a CODAP play list, an ESTEEM playlist featuring CODAP and quite a few additional interesting videos.

And I second Bridget’s request for more information on what your plans for using CODAP are at this point.

Best,

Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.