Getting two tables into one CODAP document

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Getting two tables into one CODAP document

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

Is there any easy way to put two tables into a single CODAP document?  Here’s the situation: I have two versions of the UN dataset – one of them has all of the attributes (that’s a lot), while the other has fewer attributes, but country boundaries have been added (which was actually a fair amount of work).  Now I’d like to add back one of the attributes that I deleted in creating the smaller dataset.  In reading Tim’s “join” documentation, it looks like I might be able to do that by dragging the country column from one dataset to the other – but only if I actually have both datasets in the same CODAP document…

Jonathan Sandoe
    Keymaster

Hi Andee,

If you could try dragging the original CSV file for the large dataset into the document with the smaller dataset (or, better, a copy of the document with the smaller dataset). If you have not renamed any of the original attributes, nor altered the cases, it should offer to replace the data. In this process it will create and populate the missing column.

Jonathan

Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I’m not sure I have the CSV — is there a way to export a CODAP file as a CSV?

Jonathan Sandoe
    Keymaster

Yes! Its in the “ruler” menu that shows up to the right of the case table when its selected. Click on “Export case data…” and pick “All Tables”. This will make a CSV.

Jonathan

Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

Thanks!  I hadn’t noticed that!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.