How retrieve slider after closing

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum How retrieve slider after closing

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jo Louie
    Participant

I’m working with some population data and I want to hide/remove individual cases who are under age 25. To do so, I followed a model in which I created a new “agefilter” variable designating people under age 25 as “young” and 25+ as “not young” by writing a formula that refers to a slider parameter that has been defined as  “age_threshold = 25.” After doing all this, I accidentally closed out of the slider. How do I get the slider back? It still seems to be in the CODAP document somewhere, because the values generated for the “agefilter” variable don’t disappear, and the “age_threshold” variable remains visible in the list of choices when I click on the “Insert Value” button within the slider.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Jo Louie.
    Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Jo,

I believe you have uncovered a new bug! I thought that all you had to do is to make a new slider and rename it to have the name of the lost slider. But this doesn’t work. It should.

So, what you have to do is create a new slider and name it differently than the lost slider, say “age_filter” (with the underscore character). Now modify the formula (or formulas) that refer to “agefilter” to refer to “age_filter” instead.

Everything should be fine again.

Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.