no notification sent on deletion of last attribute in collection

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum no notification sent on deletion of last attribute in collection

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Castleman
    Participant
    3 pts

Hi,

I’m observing some behavior with plugin notifications that I think is a bug:

Normally when attributes are deleted, plugins are notified with a dataContextChangeNotice (containing info that an attribute was deleted and indicating which one).

However, when I delete an attribute that is the only one remaining in its collection (i.e., a collection of just that attribute), our plugin does not receive a dataContextChangeNotice. This is important to us as we need to react to the deletion of attributes.

Thanks,

Thomas

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

I just tried this with the API Tester and I got a notification on deleting the last attribute.

{ “action”: “notify”,

“resource”: “dataContextChangeNotice[New Dataset]”,

“values”: {

“operation”: “deleteAttributes”,

“result”: {

“success”: true,

“attrIDs”: [

]

}

}

}

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Bill Finzer.
    Jason Chen
    Participant
    5 pts

Upon further investigation, this seems to only happen when there are multiple collections in a context, and the last attribute of one of the collections is deleted.

Thanks,

Jason

Jonathan Sandoe
    Keymaster

Hi Jason and Thomas,

I am able to reproduce. Thanks for the additional condition. I will log this as a bug. I also noticed that deleting the last attribute did not remove its collection, which must also be a recent regression.

Thanks for reporting,

Jonathan

David Franklin
    Participant

Thanks for the info!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.