Trouble adding extra attribute to already occupied axis

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Trouble adding extra attribute to already occupied axis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rgaston5@yahoo.com
    Participant

Hey Bill and Kirk and Jonathan!

Rick Gaston here, hope you guys are doing great!

My son Matt wanted to create a visualization showing some of his D&D data, and I suggested trying to use CODAP, because Desmos wasn’t cutting it for him.

He was cruising along with it until he tried to add a second attribute to the y-axis when he already had an attribute there. We have carefully watched your helpful tutorial on this topic, with the video, but we can’t bring up the plus sign in the upper left corner as is shown in the vid. It only wants to let us replace the existing attribute on the y-axis.

Both attributes have numeric data only, so I’m not sure what the issue is.

We could send along a screencast if it’s helpful.

Cheers,

Rick

rgaston5@yahoo.com
    Participant

Ah I think I just found my answer in the other Forum post here that Bill answered titled “Multiple attributes on Y axis with categorical X axis.” I guess the issue is we have categorical data on the x-axis, like the author of that post. The “Add Another Attribute” tutorial doesn’t seem to mention this limitation on not having categorical data on the x-axis by the way, so I might suggest you add it there.

Matt and I will look at your suggestions in that other post Bill for how to structure the data or graphs differently to accomplish what he’s after.

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hey Rick!

Glad you found the answer to your question already present here in the forum.

Bill

Thanks Bill!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.