UI issues with Sampler on Mac OS

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum UI issues with Sampler on Mac OS

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hasenbaj@gmail.com
    Participant

Potential bug report: I did a group activity yesterday with college students using the Sampler tool in CODAP. They were testing their own probability models to see if they were appropriate for a certain random process. Students using a Mac laptop had some issues changing the labels on the “marbles” inside the Mixer. Those on PC laptops and Chromebooks could click a  marble and change its label, which seems to be the intended behavior. However, three different students (all on Mac OS laptops) tried the same thing but the Sampler tool did not pop up an input box like it did on other devices. We wondered if it was related to the use of the Safari browser, but one of the students who was having the issue said he was using Chrome.

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for this bug report for the Sampler plugin!

I was able to observe the bug in Safari on a Mac (though not, for some reason in Chrome).

I found that I could edit the labels for the spinner, so that might be a workaround in some situations.

We’ll fix this asap!

hasenbaj@gmail.com
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, they figured out they could edit the labels by switching to the spinner and then switching back again too. (I’m not sure I would have thought to try that…)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.