attributes not draggable on most recent API-created data context

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum attributes not draggable on most recent API-created data context

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Castleman
    Participant
    3 pts

Hi,

I noticed that when I create a new data context through the plugin API, I am unable to drag around its attributes (to reposition them or move between collections). When I click and drag, a blue box with the attribute name does follow my mouse around, but I do not see any of the yellow highlights indicating where I can drop the attribute, and indeed dropping the attribute doesn’t do anything.

Oddly, this only seems to happen with the most recently created (through the API) context–so if I create another context with the API, the first one becomes draggable (though the second will be undraggable–until I create yet another, and so on).

Are you able to reproduce this?

Thanks,

Thomas

Jonathan Sandoe
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

This is a quirk from our history that I thought had been fixed. (In an earlier iteration of CODAP, all plugins were games. There was an assumption that each plugin contributed exactly on dataset. The earlier version of the API provided no visibility into CODAP state, so the dataset was frozen as long as the plugin existed.) It is a bug. I will log it.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Jonathan

Thomas Castleman
    Participant
    3 pts

That makes sense, thanks!

Thomas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.