CODAP history?

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum CODAP history?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I think I’ve asked this question before, but I just want to check on the current status.  When one gets a CODAP graph (typically from a student), how much history of the students’ action is contained in the graph?  How far back does UNDO go?  Is there click-stream data hidden somewhere?  How do other projects capture students’ process?

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Andee,

When you open a shared link to a document there is no undo history. If you come upon someone midstream in their work on a document, there may be quite a bit of undo history, but certain operations are currently not undoable, and the undo history is cleared when the user brings one of those about. (We’re currently working on making all operations undoable.)

CODAP emits an anonymous log stream. Some projects have made use of that, but I haven’t seen anything come from it. I think it would be a bit of work for Concord and for a collaborator to make the log stream fully usable for research.

Bill

Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

Ah, thanks.  So, creating a shared link clears the undo, right?

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Yes, when you open a shared link, the document will have no undo history in it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.