How do people use choosy in their teaching?

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum How do people use choosy in their teaching?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all, I have been playing with the choosy plug in and I think I get the general idea of how it works, but I am curious what people use it for in their teaching? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Travis,

Choosy came about with a project that has some very large datasets; i.e. many attributes and many cases. Project staff wanted a tool that would help them create new documents that contain datasets with a subset of attributes and cases tailored for relatively specific classroom teaching contexts.

You have probably already surmised that Choosy is not useful for students, at least until they themselves are working with such large datasets. It’s meant for teachers and curriculum developers.

Often a Choosy user, after having trimmed a dataset down, will export that dataset and import it into a new document. That way all the unneeded data will have been left on the cutting room floor.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you find uses for Choosy yourself!

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the insight. Sounds like a great data wrangling tool for doing more in codap versus shuttling back and forth between excel and codap for trimming and such.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.