Importing Google CSV File – 403 error

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Importing Google CSV File – 403 error

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have a csv that I can import as a local file.

I uploaded it to my google drive and set the permissions for anyone with access.

When I try to import using the URL, I get a 403 error.

What did I miss?

Tried from both my school google drive and my private one (just in case school permissions are wonky).   Nothing seems to work.

Would prefer to give my students a common url to import rather than give them access to the Google Sheet then force each one of them to download csv from Google just to turn around an import it back to CODAP.

Thanks

Attachments:
    Dan Damelin
    Keymaster

Unfortunately Google Drive does not provide you a direct link to the csv file, so CODAP can’t import using the share URL Google Drive provides.

If you could post to a server that provides public, web-accessible, direct URLs to files then what you are trying to do would work.

Other options using Google Drive:

1. On a Google Sheet you can use File->Share->Publish to web. Then the URL you get from that can be given to students which, when clicked on, will initiate a download of a CSV automatically. Then this can be dragged into CODAP. It eliminates one step from them having to download manually.
    2. You can copy and paste data from a Google Sheet into CODAP. Give them a link to a Google Sheet. Have them select all (command-a or control-a). Then open CODAP and click the Tables button and choose “–new from clipboard–“

Hope that helps.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Dan Damelin.
    Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Here’s another option:

1. Store the data in a google sheet.
    2. Share the google sheet so that anyone can access
    3. Import from the URL of the google sheet.

This worked for me just now and should work for you. If it doesn’t, let us know!

You can also simply drag the url into the CODAP document.

Good luck!

Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.