Link sharing

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Link sharing

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by .
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

When trying to enable shared view for any CODAP file, I get the error “Unable to share file NetworkingError: Network Failure”.

This happens for even the example documents. It has worked without issue in the past. My internet connection is stable and I am signed in to Google Drive.

Any suggestions?

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I tried it just now and it worked as usual for me.

Assuming the errors persists for you, could you look in your browser’s console and let us know what you see there? (If you do a Google search for “how to see the browser console’ you’ll find instructions for various browser/operating system configurations.)

Bill

Thanks for your reply Bill. Here is a screenshot of the console when I attempt to link share and get an error. I am a teacher and other staff are having the same issue.

Attachments:
    Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Thanks for the screenshot of the console. I’ve posted it for other developers to look at, hoping someone will have a suggestion.

Question: If you are outside the school network, for example at home, do you experience the same problem.

You also might ask a knowledgeable network admin whether anything has changed in your school’s network configuration recently.

Sorry I don’t have an immediate solution,

Bill

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Here’s a thought someone had: “I’d guess it is the school blocking URLs with ‘models’ in the name.”

And another person replied, “Yes, we’ve run into that many times.”

Bill

In answer to your question, yes it works fine on another network. I will get in touch with the network admin to hopefully resolve the issue. Thank you very much for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.