multiple data levels

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum multiple data levels

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lalzaril@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi,

I have data from three experiments, for eache experimets 4 treatments  and for each treatment multiple measuermsnts. I would like to create a graph showing the average change in the syringe volume vs time.

what are my options?

here is, the excell file and the deiserd graph

Many thanks

Itai

Attachments:
    Dan Damelin
    Keymaster

HI Itai,

Here is a link to a CODAP document that does what you want. To make this I:

• imported you csv into CODAP
    • used the Transformers plugin to create a new column (time from start), and another column called volume, so that the columns headers for seconds became values in the time column, and the volume measurements were moved into a volume column.
    • I then used the Transformers plugin to make an editable copy (the first table made by the plugin was not editable)
    • Then, by dragging “treatment” to the left I grouped by that attribute.
    • I then made a subgroup by “time”
    • Then a new column that calculates the average volume per time-subgroup, which is already grouped by treatment.
    • Then made a graph, dragging “time” to the x-axis, “average  vol” to the y-axis and dropping “treatment” in the middle to color the dots and chose to show lines using the ruler tool panel.
    lalzaril@gmail.com
    Participant

Thanks alot, I will try that

Itai

lalzaril@gmail.com
    Participant

Dear Dean,

I tried to work with the transformers but was unsuccessful, maybe I did not choose the appropriate transformer?

I also found this link  

I am not sure how was the data inserted,  do you think that transformers were used? if so how?

I would appreciate any help

Thanks

Itai

Dan Damelin
    Keymaster

Itai, check out this screencast of me executing the steps above. Does this help?

lalzaril@gmail.com
    Participant

Dear Dan,

Thanks a lot for your help it was what I needed. I have two more questions:
    1. Is it possible to drag several values in a column like you would in excel?
    2. I was trying to create the simulation from this tutorial (time stamp 1:38:00) but was unable to get the same values and nice graphs. If you could help it would be great.
    Many thanks,

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Bill Finzer.
    Dan Damelin
    Keymaster

Hi Itai,

I’m not sure what you are asking in #1 above. You can’t drag individual cells around in a table, only entire columns/attributes.

Regarding #2, we have another application called SageModeler which allows you to create system models while also taking advantage of CODAP’s data handling features. Please check out https://sagemodeler.concord.org

For that specific model https://sagemodeler.concord.org/app/#shared=https%3A%2F%2Fcfm-shared.concord.org%2FVoyxk8c8LL3elY55KJQg%2Ffile.json

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.