Non-matching colors in map/scale

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum Non-matching colors in map/scale

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I created a data set by merging data about London boroughs with the json representation of their map locations.  Now when I drag an attribute onto the map, the colors on the map don’t match the colors on the scale below the map.  (See image below.)  And here is a link to the file:

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Montserrat, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre; background-color: #eeeeee;”>https://codap.concord.org/app/static/dg/en/cert/index.html#shared=https%3A%2F%2Fcfm-shared.concord.org%2FpPr6xQON1N59FvTJmsov%2Ffile.json</span&gt;

Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

Sorry – apparently my screenshot was too big.  But you can make a map yourself and probably see the same issue.

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Andee,

The problem is that there are two  datasets with boundaries as you can see in the Tables menu in the screenshot. Easiest fix is to turn off the display of the cases in the London Boundaries dataset by unchecking the cases option circled in the second screenshot.

Alternatively you can delete the London Boundaries dataset provided you first delete the formula for boundary in the London Borough Data dataset.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I did what you suggested – deleted the formula in the main table, then deleted the other table.  Didn’t fix it, unfortunately.  Here’s a new sharing link.  (Actually, I updated the shared view – does that mean you can see my changes?)

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Ah. Closing the table is not the same as deleting the dataset. Go to the tables menu and choose the trash can next to the appropriate dataset.

And you might need to make a new map, but I didn’t find I had to.

Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

Thank you, that worked and I learned about the tables menu.  Here’s a related issue:  I’ve been cycling through attributes on the map and discovered that sometimes white gets chosen as a color – which doesn’t quite work.  See attached.

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

Hi Andee,

I believe you’ve uncovered a BUG!

Thanks so much,

Bill

Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

Glad to be of service after you helped me so much!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.