trouble opening file on Google Drive

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum trouble opening file on Google Drive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I’ve created some shared views of a dataset and had students save individual copies to Google Drive.  When I try to open their saved data directly from the Drive by double-clicking, I get the “open with CODAP” prompt as expected, but then an error saying it can’t find the download link.  However, if I open it by going through the CODAP website, it works.  Any ideas why?

Attachments:
    Andee Rubin
    Participant
    4 pts

I think I’ve figured some of it out – it has to do with my having two different Google drive accounts, I believe — so don’t spend too much time looking into it.  There may be something wrong, but I think I can fix it by being more careful which account Google Drive is logged into.

Bill Finzer
    Keymaster

I’m sure you’re right about the problems that having two logins can pose. I’ve seen that, too. Thanks for posting, including the solution!

Kathy Shafer
    Participant

Andee,

Hi. It does depend on which Google Drive folder you are accessing. When you see the error message, go ahead and click on Open Document from Google Drive. This will indicate which Drive folder your browser is accessing. I have my students submit the url, to our LMS, that goes directly to their CODAP file. This has worked well.

Kathy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.