workaround for "Shared view: disabled" ?

CODAP Forums CODAP Help Forum workaround for "Shared view: disabled" ?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Sandoe
    Keymaster

Hi Maggie,

I wonder if the Chromebook configuration is somehow blocking access to the server that is managing the sharing. When you connect to the internet do you go through a proxy or use a VPN? Do you have the ability to alter the configuration or is that locked and only controllable by an admin?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Maggie Michalowski
    Participant

I have only been working with CODAP for about a week, so I’m pretty new. I have not ever found a way to enable sharing. That includes documents where I’ve imported the spreadsheet from another file, documents where I generated the entire spreadsheet within the document, and documents with smaller subsets of an original spreadsheet that I made a copy of. I saved each document before trying to enable sharing, but I also tried to enable sharing before each was saved. No luck no matter what.

Thank you for helping me figure this out!

Maggie Michalowski
    Participant

I am not savvy enough to know about proxy/VPN. I typically cannot make changes like that on my device.

Jonathan Sandoe
    Keymaster

Hi Maggie,

Thank you for having patience with this. I promise you, sharing usually works without problems. It’s a feature that many teachers rely on. Thats why we are keen to figure this out.

Does the pop-up dialog that you see when you click on “Sharing …” look exactly like the attached image, or different somehow? If different, it would be wonderful if you could attach a screen shot of it.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Dan Damelin
    Keymaster

I haven’t seen this for a while, but it sometimes happens when there is an update to CODAP and the local browser cache is not getting all of the most recent files. I’d suggest closing any tabs that have CODAP, clearing the browser cache and trying again. Alternately to see if it is a caching issue you can try opening the CODAP document using an incognito window.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.